Performance Exhausts & Accessories
Porsche 997.2 Twin Turbo X-cellerator
Exhaust System (2010+), 2.5"/63mm quiet or 3.0"/76mm Loud
The SpeedTech X-cellerator cross-flow exhaust was designed to
offer the discerning Porsche enthusiast the ultimate exhaust
system with a number of performance and sound options in one
CROSSFLOW or X-FLOW DESIGN - By combining the exhaust pulses from both sides of the Porsche boxer motor with an "X" or "cross-flow" at the center of the muffler (internal crossflow design), we have developed a unique, exotic sound that has to be heard to be appreciated. Our trademark sound is well known and highly respected throughout the industry.
DESIGN OPTIONS - The X-cellerator system offers catalytic converter bypass pipe and muffler bypass pipe options resulting in four possible exhaust configurations:
- Catalytic Converters w/X-Flow Muffler
- Catalytic Converters w/Muffler Delete X-Pipe
- Cat ByPass Pipes w/X-Flow Muffler (for off road/track use)
- Cat Bypass Pipes w/Muffler Delete X-Pipe (for off road/track use)
Our modular design incorporates Accuseal clamps for quick
and easy swaps between the various sound and performance
levels. This versatile design is very easy to use and offers quick installation and/or swaps.
NOTE: All OEM cat, 3" muffler delete X-Pipe systems ship with an adapter that tapers down to the OEM cat diameter. Should your goals change in the future and you want to add our Hi-Flow cats with 3" outlets or dual 3" tips or both (which would yield a full 3" system as pictured top right), the option is on the table with SpeedTech plug and play parts. Full 3" cat bypass pipes are also a plug and play option.
PERFORMANCE - The SpeedTech X-cellerator system eliminates approximately 20 pounds of weight (full system w/ cats) compared to the Porsche OEM exhaust. Additional weight savings can be realized with use of the off road RACE configurations. Whether lap times or straight line speed is your goal, the weight savings will help yield quicker track times.
Additionally, our free flowing, straight through design, along with German HJS Hi-Flow catalytic converters will improve the performance of your Porsche 997TT by enabling extremely quick turbo spool, along with increased torque, higher horsepower and much crisper throttle response! The result: Faster track and ¼ mile times, as well as better everyday performance. And the pronounced engine note will provide an enhanced driving experience for all types of uses.
All components are constructed of T304 stainless steel. Our mufflers are packed with stainless steel wool for years of trouble
free performance, even under extreme use conditions. This is a
very well built, top of the line exhaust system for the discriminating enthusiast and very fitting for the Porsche turbo.
SOUND - The SpeedTech X-cellerator X-Flow exhaust emits a fantastic GT3 type note and is available in four distinct sound levels to suit a variety of tastes and uses:
- 2.5 Muffler (conversation, phone calls, radio are not affected, just slightly louder than OEM).
- 2.5 X-PIPE - Eliminates the Muffler all together for a fantastic exotic sound. Moderately louder than OEM. Still very comfortable.
- 3.0 X-Pipe - "OUR PICK" for the 997.2TT. A sportier version of the 2.5 X-Pipe - designed to provide an aggressive, yet refined exhaust note. Sport mode is glorious, comfortable and refined. Best of both worlds! The optional 3.0 catless RACE version screams and wails with all he right turbo whistle sounds (see video), but may be a little too much for some - only opt for catless if you desire it loud and aggressive! The very assertive tone on start-up is followed by a fantastic wail at WOT.
We offer a lifetime warranty of manufacturing defects for the
The SpeedTech X-cellerator is designed, tested and manufactured in the USA .
- 200cpi HJS race race catalytic converters w/special Porsche coating
- 2.5”/63.5mm or 3"/76mm
- T304 stainless steel construction
- Optional cat bypass pipes (catless for off road use only)
- Modular system for quick and easy changes
- Stainless steel wool packing will never break down (mufflers only)
- Complete kit - includes all required parts for installation
- Proprietary “cross-flow” or X-Flow design
- Fully TIG welded
- Made in USA
- Optional ceramic coating
Pricing & Options
Includes 200cpi HJS "Euro" Hi-Flow catalytic converters, mid-pipes, muffler and outlet pipe for OEM tips, all required hardware, decals and installation instructions. Modular design for ease of use and installation. For just slightly louder than stock sound, but with high flow for added performance, especially with tuned cars.
- Muffler Only (Use with OEM catalytic converters): $1,695.00
- "RACE" version w/ Cat Bypass Pipes (catless): $2,495.00
- Complete System w/ 200cpi HJS race Catalytic Converters: $3,695.00
997.2TT X-cellerator 2.5 "Quiet" Performance Exhaust System
Our 997.2TT X-Pipe replaces the center muffler and provides a fantastic exotic sound - very fitting and tasteful for the 997.2TT. Available in 2.5" and 3.0" versions. Mounts directly to the OEM catalytic converters or can be used with SpeedTech Hi Flow converters / Bypass pipes. Includes mounting straps, all hardware, decals and installation instructions. Modular design for ease of use and installation. Can be substituted with X-cellerator mufflers.
- Center Muffler Delete X-Pipe only for OEM Tips:
$1,595.00 (2.5 or 3.0)
- Center Muffler Delete X-Pipe only w/ Full 3" Dual Tips:
$1,895.00 (2.5 or 3.0)
- "RACE" version w/ Cat Bypass Pipes, OEM tips (catless): $2,195.00
- "RACE" version w/ Cat Bypass Pipes (catless), 3" Dual Tips : $2,495.00
- With 200cpi HJS "Euro" race Catalytic Converters, OEM Tips: $3,195.00
- With 200cpi HJS "Euro" race Catalytic Converters, 3" Dual Tips: $3,495.00
- Add Dual 3" Tips: $595.00
- Add Polished Twin Tips (for OEM outlets): $549.00
- Add Ceramic Coating (Full system): $349.00
- Add Satin Black Ceramic Coating (Tips Only): $149.00
Note: Specify 2.5 or 3.0 when ordering. We recommend the 3.0 version for most customers wanting more volume, as the 997.2TT DFI motor is very quiet, which requires a 3" system to get an appreciable sport note from the engine.
Competition Muffler Delete X-Pipe Exhaust System
Not all “X-Flow” or “Crossflow” designs are the same - We tested several forms of X-flow design in our development of this system to arrive at our signature sound - a refined, tuned, exotic tone of the highest quality. Our final SpeedTech "X" design was engineered to provide the best exterior note combined with exceptional interior comfort for a performance exhaust. There is no substitute for our commitment to extensive R&D to achieve these goals!
Our X-cellerator system has been chosen by many customers over several competitors in direct testing.
When you purchase a SpeedTech system, you are purchasing a one of a kind, superior sounding and performing exhaust designed by long time Porsche enthusiasts.
Tel: (603) 464-3235
Fax: (603) 464-3236
Toll Free: 1-855-630-7807
- Catalytic Converter Bypass Pipes: $749.00
- 200cpi HJS "Euro" Race Catalytic Converters: $2,295.00
- Ceramic Coat Bypass Pipes (except cats): $349.00
- Ceramic Coat Muffler System (except cats): $399.00
- SpeedTech Full 3" Dual Tips: $695.00
3" Catless "RACE" X-Pipe for OEM Tips
SpeedTech 997.2TT Polished Twin Tips
997.2TT 3.0 "RACE" X-Pipe - Just thought I would provide some feedback on this exhaust, as I had it installed on my car this summer. I couldn't be happier with it. I was originally about to pull the trigger on a Europipe and after taking a ride in turbo S with Europipe installed, I decided to go the X-Pipe route instead and with the SpeedTech exhaust. There have been other threads that have highlighted that exotic sound that comes from the exhaust. It really is true. There is a Ferrari 458 Speciale and a 991 GT3 on my street and I can honestly state that with the X-pipe - I feel like I have a comparable sound. But I think one thing that has not been mentioned is the degree of difference the Sport button now makes. On the stock exhaust there is a minor increase in sound, however with the Speedtech X-pipe there is a dramatic difference in or out of sport mode. Out of sport mode there is an improvement in sound and it is still louder and more throaty - but not in any way annoying on the highway ! etc. In sport mode there is a true transformation - and that exotic sound. I truly couldn't be happier. Just thought I would pass it on for those trying to turn their Turbo S into the something a bit more exciting sounding.
997.2TT Catless RACE Exhaust w/ 3" QUAD TIPS - Ok... I'm a grown up man in my early 30's. But I'm jumping around in my car and smiling silly! John, the car sounds sick! I mean, it growls, barks, screams, ..... and ..........too loool
You guys created the perfect sound note for the 997.2TT... I'm not sure anyone can match it! I've heard louder setups... I've heard more quite setups .... but the note of music is something else.. every time I floor it I grin :)
SpeedTech 997.2TT Cat Bypass Pipes
for OEM Cats (also available in full 3" design when ordered with full system)
3" Catless "RACE" X-Pipe w/ Dual 3" Tips
997TT 3.0 "LOUD" - After trying some exhaust systems ... I ended up with Speedtech X flow 3 inch system ... Sound is awesome and i wont change it...
HJS 130mm x 200cpi Directional